[xsl] xsl attribute question pls help

Subject: [xsl] xsl attribute question pls help
From: Vaduvoiu Tiberiu <vaduvoiutibi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 06:28:00 -0700 (PDT)
Ok. I have 2 problems using a atribute <href>
I have a site which has a form...which has action="" ..
Now I also have some anchors which "add" a parameter to the url. I'm going to try to make this easy by using the example. On my site, a user searches for sport news for example. so after search the url will look like

mysite.com?search=sport

the resulting page let's say include a lot of articles. By default, I display 5 articles/page. So the user wants to go to the second page of the results by clicking on the "next page" button. Here's the problem. My next page anchor in xsl looks like this:

<a><xsl:attribute name="href">?page=2</xsl:attribute>Next page</a>. What this will do will take the user to
mysite.com?page=2 when actually I need to take him to mysite.com?search=sport&page=2
How can I use the xsl:attribute to achieve this?

On the other hand, same story, same page, same user. User reads the news, sais to himself, let;s see the second page. goes to mysite.com?page=2 after which says "let's do a search:...when he searches the text the url will go to mysite.com?page=2&search=sport..so if there are less than 5 results he will se nothing because page=2 remained there.

I don't think I can find a solution here using only xsl but I hope I'm wrong

http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/