Re: [xsl] Variable in XPath

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variable in XPath
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 19:23:23 +0200
Garvin Riensche wrote:
Hi Abel,

Thanks a lot for you answer, you gave lots of comments that are usefull for me.

Your solution defintely serves my needs I explained in my first mail. But as I wrote in my second mail there might be lots of attribute-combinations. So I would have to write a template for every possible combination which would make the stylesheed get very large. Maybe that's the only solution. But I would prefer a solutions with one template for all possible combinations like explained in my second mail with some default value for the variables that are not set by commandline.

See my last reply. You can use the test case in your xsl:template match rule, of course. Like this:

<xsl:template match="class
      [($id, @id)[1] = @id]
      [($owner, @owner)[1] = @owner]
      [($etc, @etc)[1] = @etc]...." >

  here comes the stuff you want to do
  for every class that matches this predicate
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="class">
  nothing matched
</xsl:template>