[no subject]

I have complete control over the structure of the XML and, of course, the XSLT. My puzzle is how to write a template (and, or structure the XML) that would permit me change the contents of the list while maintaining the rest of the SQL untouched.

I have thought of enclosing the list in its own element,

<sql><![CDATA[SELECT * FROM users WHERE status IN (]]><list>'alive,'awake','sentient'</list>><![CDATA[)]]></sql>

but there isn't any XSLT construct to permit me to select all the content of an element EXCEPT the content of the child <list>. Or at least I can't think of one.

It seems that this kind of question comes up from time to time on the list, but this long-winded question is my way of saying I can't think of how to search for a similar problem.

Thank you.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email