Re: [xsl] Preserving Spaces and Tabs

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preserving Spaces and Tabs
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:11:04 +0200 (CEST)
Andy Carr1 wrote:

  Hi

> In my source XML have text that incorporates spaces, tabs and
> line-feeds and need to preserve this formatting in the output
> PDF.

  To preserve spaces, liinefeeds and not collapse white
spaces, you should set white-space-treatment to preserve,
linefeed-treatment to preserve and white-space-collapse to
false.  I think there is no way to say that a tab has to
be treated as if there were N spaces, but you can translate
tabs in XSLT instead:

    <fo:block white-space-treatment="preserve"
              linefeed-treatment="preserve"
              white-space-collapse="false">
      <xsl:value-of select="replace(., '&#x09;', '    ')"/>
    </fo:block>

  Regards,

--drkm