Re: [xsl] > replaced by ">", < is not replaced...

Subject: Re: [xsl] > replaced by ">", < is not replaced...
From: Jethro Borsje <jethro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 14:12:32 +0200
Actually I want all the HTML things to be preserved, other things which are removed by the transition are things like: &#160;, which I all want to keep.

What do you mean by "removed"? Depending on the output method you choose, the No-Break Space, or U+00A0, can be serialized as a numeric entity (either &#160; or &#xA0;), or can be serialized as encoded character (in UTF-16 this would be x00A0 or xA000 depending on the byte order). If you use an output encoding that does not support the serialized character (in the case of the NBS, the US-ASCII or ISO-646 equivalent are examples that do not support it) it will be output as a numeric entity reference. Only exception is when you output it as text (which you don't seem to do), in which case an error will occur if the tree cannot be serialized.

With 'removed' I mean: "replaced by the actual character". So "&#160;" becomes a " " (SPACE) in the output, "&gt;" become a ">". This is not what I want. Not because of visualization in an HTML client, but because I have to be able to map the output of the XLS back to some original input which contains the "&gt;", "&#160;", etc. I basically just want to keep the character encodings from the input in the output.

--
Best regards,
Jethro Borsje

http://www.jborsje.nl