Re: [xsl] Clientside XSLT Transformations Design and Concepts

Subject: Re: [xsl] Clientside XSLT Transformations Design and Concepts
From: "Ilya Sterin" <sterini@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 15:55:19 -0400
We did something similar before, though we found that you can
architect your xslt in a way that will support any and all
transformations of your site's pages.  The idea is to have a larger
xslt with as much info as much static styling/info as you can have
there.  The templates are basically unique templates to support each
scenario.  There is not a lot of conditional logic going on there, as
it effectively becomes a state machine, which allows for faster
transformations.

We can then stream smaller xml snippets to the client and it is
transformed utilizing this xslt, which is cached on initial access.

The xslt though is not dynamic, it's generated based on metadata and
is a part of the application build process.

Ilya