RE: [xsl] PI for associating a sample input with a stylesheet [was Re: [xsl] Xselerator]

Subject: RE: [xsl] PI for associating a sample input with a stylesheet [was Re: [xsl] Xselerator]
From: "Abel Braaksma (online)" <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:33:06 +0200 (CEST)
> But in an IDE used for XML/XSLT transformations, I would like to be
> able to select from a list of tasks of the form (transform X using
> Y with parameters P and processor Z) where there are no restrictions
> on having the same X or Y in as many tasks as you like.

That's the way it currently goes with oXygen.

It is quite common in modern languages to have an instruction for
unit tests inside the code (like assertions). Some languages have
such instructions even by default. Maybe a PI is not the best choice
here, but I would like to add a (set of) unit tests or assertions to
an XSLT stylesheet to test it as a unit before testing it as a
whole.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma