RE: [xsl] Rounding errors in financial app transforms

Subject: RE: [xsl] Rounding errors in financial app transforms
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:21:50 +0100
> So if you try to round $100.105 to 2 decimal places you will get
> $100.11 whereas any financial system will (probably) expect $100.10.

Anyone who thinks they know the accounting standards for every country in
the world is almost certainly mistaken.

However, when we researched this, we decided that round-half-to-even would
keep most people happy, with the exception of many people who were taught in
primary school that 0.5 rounds upwards, and still believe that this is the
only way of doing it, with the same passion as those who believe it is wrong
ever to split an infinitive.

Michael Kay