RE: [xsl] Accessing attribute in a variable with conditional value

Subject: RE: [xsl] Accessing attribute in a variable with conditional value
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 20:02:19 +0100

(a) use XSLT 2.0

(b) failing that, use the xx:node-set() extension in 1.0

(c) get the value of the base attribute in both branches:

@type)/xsd:restriction/@base"/>
>          </xsl:if>
>          <xsl:if test="xsd:simpleType"
>             <xsl:copy-of select="xsd:simpleType/xsd:restriction/@base"/>
>          </xsl:if>
>       </xsl:variable>

(are they mutually exclusive, by the way?)

(d) use a union:

<xsl:variable name="validAttributeTypeBase"
  select="key('allTypes', @type)/xsd:restriction |
xsd:simpleType/xsd:restriction"/>

Option (d) was the last one I thought of but it seems to be the best choice.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/