RE: [xsl] XML with Default Namespace

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML with Default Namespace
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 09:14:59 +0100
> Ok, so I do not understand what the default namespace is if I have:
>
> <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
>  xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
>  xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
>  xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
>  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>

> And then, the next element under this is:
> <DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">

Well the default namespace for Workbook is
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet, and the default namespace for
DocumentProperties is urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office

> So is my xpath:
>
> select="/Workbook/DocmentProperties"
>
> Or:
>
> select="/xmlns:Workbook/xmlns:DocmentProperties"

Neither. You're missing the point. The path is
/x:Workbook/y:DocumentProperties, where x is bound to
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet, and y is bound to
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/