Re: [xsl] translate to XML using XSL into an HTML table

Subject: Re: [xsl] translate to XML using XSL into an HTML table
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:27:11 +0200 (CEST)
B Tommie Usdin wrote:

  Hi

> There is nothing at all wrong with talking about TAGs on
> XSL-List, when the discussion is about tags. In this case,
> the discussion is about an element, and it is important to
> use the jargon correctly.

> The "T-word", as Florent puts it, is not a dirty word on
> XSL-List. It is simply not an synonym of "element", and is
> something we rarely need to discuss in the context of XSL.

  Yes, of course.  But I think 99% of the time I saw it on
the list it was misused.  This is a frequent mistake, and I
think this is a sympthom of misunderstanding XDM basics,
which are *really* important to write any stylesheet.

  "Never" was maybe a little too strong, yes.

> (I am, perhaps, in too persnickety a mood - I am writing

  Nice word.  I have to remember this one ;-)

> from the International Workshop on Markup of Overlapping
> Structures. I am surrounded by markup geeks and we all
> seem to be deeply concerned about precise descriptions of
> very fuzzy concepts.)

  Oh, I didn't notice Extreme started today.  Pleasure to
all lucky attendees!

  Regards,

--drkm