Re: [xsl] Connecting the Source and Destination fields

Subject: Re: [xsl] Connecting the Source and Destination fields
From: Ronan Klyne <ronan.klyne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 13:43:43 +0100
Yaswanth wrote:

> Hi
>
>> How should the stylesheet know that the 'block.x' part of the string is
>> special and to be treated in this way? Is the '/' separator special?
>> Should all lines be joined in this manner or should it be governed by
>> line 3?
>
> Let me explain clearly
>
> Basically a block which will have events connected to each other  and that
> block can connect to the another block which will have it's own set of
> events connected.
>
> <connection destination="block.1" source="block.0"/>
>>From this we understand that one block is followed by another block.
>
> But in the output I don't want to mention block.0 -> block.1 .
> Instead I need to have the event sequence in block.0 -> event sequence in
> block.1
>
> I think this will give a better idea about the problem.

Would you be able to change your input XML to look like this?

<connection block="block.0" destination="event.1" source="event.0"/>
<connection block="block.0" destination="event.2" source="event.1"/>
<connection block="block.1" destination="event.4" source="event.3"/>
<connection block="block.1" destination="event.5" source="event.4"/>
<connection destination="block.1" source="block.0"/>

If so, the problem becomes much easier, as you can use <xsl:for-each
group-by="@block">, then link the chains up as before...

	# r

--
Ronan Klyne