Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list
From: Kaz <kaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:34:20 +0200
Abel Braaksma wrote:
[snip lots of great stuff]
Have fun with it (and with XSLT of course)!

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Thank you very much for that excellent piece of code and the superb explanation. Your solution is above and beyond mine - it's so much more clear in every imaginable way.

The funny part is I tried solving the problem using templates at first, but I couldn't figure it out. You're right about my background in structured programming. :o)

So after having messed around with templates for quite some time, I just gave up and used a named templated and the for-each approach instead. I knew it wasn't a very "good" solution (gut feeling), hence my post to the list. And boy was that post a good idea or what. I really feel I've learned a very valuable lesson here.

Many thanks,
Thomas