Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML structure to HTML unordered list
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 19:07:54 +0200
M. David Peterson wrote:
On Sun, 09 Sep 2007 10:34:14 -0600, Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, I should think it would be fairly easy to interface Gestalt to
PHP via C.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of this before, but if you can interface with Gestalt via C, then you could do the same with Mono > http://www.mono-project.com/Embedding_Mono < and gain near native speeds via a C# wrapper as well. Of course you could do the same with P/Invoke, though it would slow things down a bit.

This I didn't yet think about, but yes, it should be fairly easy. I could do a Perl and Ruby wrapper into the C interface.

I wouldn't be too harsh on the speed thing: you probably only interface the transform() / xsltCompile() methods (or whatever they are called). As long as you do not write an extension function (*if* that can be made working through such an interface) that gets called in some deep inner loop again and again with differing arguments, I think the overhead is negligible.