Re: RES: [xsl] Inserting an XSL variable as an HTML table row ID

Subject: Re: RES: [xsl] Inserting an XSL variable as an HTML table row ID
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 15:31:09 +0100
> still I don't know how to get the node position and put it into a
> variable

it's not clear why you need a variable at all, partly because whatever
 mail client you are using appears to be stripping all your examples
your initial posting looked like

  The output would look something like this:

from

> I generate an ID based on the depth and position of the XML tree

you may just want something like <tr id="id{count(ancestor::*)}" or use
the built in ID generator

David