Re: [xsl] normalize-space and sequence

Subject: Re: [xsl] normalize-space and sequence
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:01:55 +0100
On 26/09/2007, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I think I may have been using copy-of to start with, then
> > switched to value-of but by that time had altered the schema...
>
> Copy-of will copy the text nodes rather than the typed value of the element.

That explains it.  It's good to know it's possible, and how to get there.

> The data model actually allows systems to reconstruct the text nodes from
> the typed value, but I don't think it's a good idea and Saxon doesn't do it.

I think any alteration of the data through validation is a Very Bad
Thing, so I would never use it or rely on it.

So.... validation can add things (default values) and take them away
(typed as xs:token).  Any others?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com