Re: [xsl] Zero-width Space

Subject: Re: [xsl] Zero-width Space
From: "Manfred Staudinger" <manfred.staudinger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:39:46 +0200
On 29/09/2007, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roger Sperberg wrote:
> > In the end, I'd like to do my XML and XSL work in the same editor that
> > I use for the content, not least so that a fully marked-up text doesn't
> > go to separate editors for markup and text corrections.
> I've looked around a bit, thinking at first that your question was
> rather trivial. Appeared I was wrong. I haven't found any editor that
> shows ZWSP or any other non-visible character, besides standard spaces,
> tabs and newlines.
In SciTE the ZWSP (#x200b) is shown as a square, which is used also
for characters not defined in the font used. The encoding behind is
correct and you can copy and paste it, so you can use it for find and
change.
There are also options on the view tab to mark the SPACE and show the
TAB, CR and LF characters (but not for  the NBSP (#xa0), which stays
white).
The SHY character (#xad) appears as - and as it is supported also in
IE6 you might consider using it in some cases.

Hope this helps,
Manfred