Re: [xsl] segmenting a paragraph

Subject: Re: [xsl] segmenting a paragraph
From: "Christian Wittern" <cwittern@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 20:35:04 +0900
On 02/10/2007, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > When you need to apply regex matching to text that crosses node
> > > boundaries, in the past two approaches have been proposed:
> > >
> > > (a) create a string in which the node boundaries are represented by
> > > some recognizable textual markup (you could use saxon:serialize()),
> > > then apply the regex processing, then reinstate the node structure
> > > (e.g. by using saxon:parse()).

This has been very helpful. I did not know about saxon:parse and
saxon:serialize, they look quite promising and I will definitely try
them out.

> > Provided the <note> elements don't break a sentence then it's
> > not needed is it?
>
> No, it isn't, hence the "When" in my first paragraph... I didn't know from
> the description whether this applied to the case in hand.

Well, unfortunately, I can make no assumptions about where the <note>
will appear, so I rather not assume that it will not appear within a
sentence.

Thanks a lot,

Christian

--