Re: [xsl] possible xalan error using function-available() and element-available()

Subject: Re: [xsl] possible xalan error using function-available() and element-available()
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:07:13 +0200
Michael Kay wrote:
I've always assumed that the only reason for testing function-available()
was because you wanted to call the function, and since the function call has
to use a static name, there's no conceivable reason to use
function-available with a dynamic name. Perhaps I was wrong.

From the link I just send, I think more people tried it the way Jim tried it, I quote from XALANJ-2223:

"I wrote a stylesheet whose only purpose is to call "function-available" on the EXSLT functions specified in an XML file. I first tested this in Stylus Studio, using the Xalan 2.5.2 engine. When I run it, I get:
functionAvailable.xsl (19, 48): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unknown error in XPath."

Perhaps this is the only niche where it makes sense to do it dynamically?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma