Re: [xsl] IE error | Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported.

Subject: Re: [xsl] IE error | Switch from current encoding to specified encoding not supported.
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 19:44:23 +0200
Steve wrote:
I am outputting HTML. Yeah, it doesn't change the indenting at all. I
posted a question to this list a while back about indenting and MSXSL
and, I don't remember the solution, but it sounded like a huge hassle,
so I moved on. Sorry source viewers.

Hmm, shouldn't be too hard if you get that XmlWriter working (just a setting, really). But older ASP also has an XmlWriter, no? Or aren't things so easy in "classic ASP"?

But now that you mention it, for client side processing XSLT, FF has a very good help and very good error messages, but when it comes to IE it is enormously hard to find out what/where/when. And indeed, the XML becomes one long string, making debugging even harder. So I wrote a string-parser in JavaScript to indent the XML... yeah, quite a hassle, indeed.

Cheers
-- Abel Braaksma