[xsl] DOE an attribute to prevent spam?

Subject: [xsl] DOE an attribute to prevent spam?
From: Phill <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:20:23 +0100
Hi all

There's a common trick to prevent bots scanning sites and collecting email addresses which involves xml-encoding all the characters in the href attribute of links. We've been using it in production for a while, and haven't seen any problems with it.

We're trying to use this technique within our XSL stylesheets, and have found that DOE doesn't work at all, even when using the following format:

<a>
<xsl:attribute name="href">
<xsl:value-of select="$encodedemail" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
</xsl:attribute>
<xsl:value-of select="$encodedemail" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
</a>

The link value is correctly encoded, but the href also encodes the ampersand. I've tried tweaking the output, but can't seem to get it to format correctly.

We're using XSL1.0 and PHP5, with some EXSLT functionality.

Any ideas how I can get this working?