Re: [xsl] Help cleaning up this 1.0 gem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Help cleaning up this 1.0 gem
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 13:11:20 +0100
On 06/10/2007, Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Without being able to run it, yor code sample is rather too long to
> > grock by eye so cant make too many comments, but beware != any stylesheet
> > that uses it is liable to strange bugs. In teh cases where != doesn't do
> > the same thing as not (  = ) then it almost aways does the wrong thing.
> >

> Just to summarize for the unaware, I think David means the following:

I did a post about this a while back which might be of interest:

http://ajwelch.blogspot.com/2007/08/when-b-and-b-both-return-true.html

Basically the rule is: "never use != where both sides are sequences of
more than one item"

There is an exception to the rule, but it's so unlikely that you'll
ever need it that I think saying "never" is acceptable...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com