Re: [xsl] Optimizing XSLT iteration

Subject: Re: [xsl] Optimizing XSLT iteration
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 23:44:28 +0100
> XSLT profiler shows that 80% of the time is spent in enumerating the
> "locus" elements?
>

> Is there a way to faster iteration of the "locus" elements?

I doubt there is much you can do within xslt, since your example program
is essentially doing nothing other than iterating through the locus
elements (and outputtig the string value if a few attributes) I wouldn't
have been surprised if greater than 80% of the time is in that
enumeration.

externally to xslt there may be things you can do, saxon works with
several different XML models, but some are faster than others so if your
input is built by saxon to its native tiny tree model things may be
faster than when you give saxon a DM.

see for example

http://saxonica.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2007/3/31/2848654.html

So if speed is an issue, you may want to look to how your input tree is
built...

David