[xsl] specifying an alternate XML catalog file

Subject: [xsl] specifying an alternate XML catalog file
From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 10:50:31 -0400 (EDT)
  (it's been a while since i've posted here so i hope i can remember
what topics are on topic, and which ones aren't.)

  if i'm using xsltproc and i want to add an additional XML catalog
file to define some personal URI rewrites for includes, would the
environment variable XML_CATALOG_FILES need to be set to refer to
*all* catalog files i want to use?

  that is, with xsltproc, the default catalog is /etc/xml/catalog, so
to *add* an extra catalog, would i need to specify:

  export XML_CATALOG_FILES="/etc/xml/catalog my-catalog-here"

as opposed to just the extra one?  it *seems* that way, but i just
want to make sure i'm reading it properly.  thanks.

rday

p.s.  i'm guessing that, as long as any of my local rewrites don't
conflict in any way with default ones, it doesn't make any operational
difference what the order of those two files is above, right?

Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://crashcourse.ca