Re: [xsl] Add numbers

Subject: Re: [xsl] Add numbers
From: "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 21:54:35 +0530
Hi Harsh,
  Though the question has already been answered, but here's my attempt:

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

 <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes" />

 <xsl:key name="x" match="a" use="@key" />

 <xsl:template match="/first">
   <op>
     <xsl:for-each select="second/a[generate-id() =
generate-id(key('x', @key)[1])]">
       <xsl:element name="{@key}">
         <val><xsl:value-of select="sum(key('x', @key)/@val)" /></val>
       </xsl:element>
     </xsl:for-each>
   </op>
 </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Ken's solution is quite generic, because it doesn't depend on element
name, and can work with deep hierarchies.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi