RE: [xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon - Confusion of / and \

Subject: RE: [xsl] Windows Batchfile calling Saxon - Confusion of / and \
From: "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:25:10 +0100
> So the person
> who brought up the issue could have just used forward slashes,
> right?

No.  That would be me.  And the reason I couldn't is pretty much
as indicated in the later part of Andrew's posting (below).

When I was generating full paths in my batch file I was generating
them using '/' as Saxon was only happy with those (for multiple
documents using document()).

When I finished doing the initial 'experimental' phase of my task
I needed to change the batch file so it no longer had the original
full path hard-coded in it and could be run from anywhere.  Then
I found that Saxon wouldn't understand '.' as meaning the current
directory.  So I used Windows' 'cd' command to get the current
directory and assigned the result to a variable (using 'set'), which
I then passed into the stylesheet for this purpose.  It was at this
point that the problem arose.

So, as Andrew indicates, this is a problem specifically with paths
that are generated by Windows itself and have not been entered manually,

and so there is no reasonable alternative that I can see to using
the '=' option in 'set' that allows strings to be substituted.

Helpfully,
Richard.