Re: [xsl]Problem with Position()?

Subject: Re: [xsl]Problem with Position()?
From: Alice Ju-Hsuan Wei <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:25:02 -0400
Hi,

Thanks for those who pitched in. Now things are "kinda" displaying. But, there is a new problem. I have a "id()" function embedded in my document that goes along in my document which is now not displaying no matter if I used Saxon 8 or XSLT proc. With 8, it tells me this error: Description: An attribute node (class) cannot be created after the children of the containing element. What I am supposed to have is some kind of display of who recorded the item.

XSLT:

<xsl:template match="collection">
               <xsl:apply-templates select="id(@recorder)"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="book">

  <xsl:apply-templates select="./@author"/>,
  <i><xsl:apply-templates select="./@title"/></i>.
   (<xsl:apply-templates select="./@topic"/>)
   [  <xsl:apply-templates/>]
  </xsl:template>

XML:

<colllection recorder="Alice">

<book topic="Technology" author="Tennison, Jeni" title="Beginning XSLT">

examples of a television program set. A resourceful book for those new
to the technology.</p>
 </book>

</collection>

This is the new output (from the portion without the id():

<!--This part should have my name-->'s Collection

Tennison, Jeni, Beginning XSLT. (Technology). New York: Apress. 2002

I don't this is a browser issue now, since I tried several browsers to transform and to print things in XML as it is, and it never gives me the complete output. Can anyone please suggest me something to add to my code?

Thanks to those to who can help.

Alice