RE: [xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro

Subject: RE: [xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:01:40 -0400
It appears to me that the OP has a problem that could be remedied simply enough through better modeling in the XML-that-is-not-yet-XML:

<j_entry cmd="admin/user/mail" dsc="Quota of a mailbox
in Megabytes. The default value is taken from the mail
server default quota (see entry <xref
linkend='mta_quota' xrefstyle='template:%t on page
%p'/>)." rel="Mail Server" t="integer" ver="4.0"
val="30"/>

would work better as:

<j_entry cmd="admin/user/mail" rel="Mail Server" t="integer" ver="4.0"
val="30">
<dsc>Quota of a mailbox in Megabytes. The default value is taken from the mail
server default quota (see entry <xref linkend='mta_quota'
xrefstyle='template:%t on page %p'/>).</dsc>
</j_entry>

Then a template matching the dsc element would see its element contents, and being an element not an attribute, those contents would actually be legal.

Cheers,
Wendell