Re: [xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro

Subject: Re: [xsl] handling tags and PIs within a macro
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:03:59 -0400
At 12:44 PM 10/23/2007, David wrote:
> Oh my gosh, this change is so overwhelming....

it'll be OK, don't worry;-)

Really it's just a matter of knowing what's a rule and can't be changed, what's not a rule and can be changed, and what's in between. :-)

then use a template as I suggested earlier that picks out these
elements, and you are done.

As Wendell says, if you have a DTD or schema then you may also need to
chaneg that to match, but XSLt doesn't need either of these, so you can
ignore that problem for now.

You may need to fiddle with your tools a little bit to get them to ignore that problem, however.

After you're done ignoring it, how you deal with it may depend on where the schema in your system is along the spectrum between a Rule That Can't Be Changed, and "more what you'd call Guidelines", as the pirate captain described the Pirate Code.

Cheers,
Wendell