Re: [xsl] Sorting a XML file with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting a XML file with XSL
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:09:39 +0200
Buddhi Dananjaya wrote:
I tried with the XSL posted. But after transformation I am again getting same XML as out put (not sorted)

Why it is mentioned as comment blocks are not uniques, as I feel they are unique.. Main.cs, Text.cs, etc.

Not to be offensive, but what you "feel" to be unique is something a computer program usually doesn't understand. In most computer terminologies, the "unique" property of a column/field means that every row contains an entry different from any other. You have "Main.cs" 8 times and "Text.cs" 5 times, meaning: not unique.

But that's hardly a problem: if you sort a non-unique element, all equal elements will be put together in the output.

If it doesn't sort for you, you probably have a mismatch in the template. If the name is not correct, it will never be found and the sort will never be hit. Please show what you got this far (an exact, complete and working stylesheet, including headers) and the source (also: be exact, include any namespaces etc). Make sure, before you post, that the code you post acts the way you say it does (just make a small test set, run it, then post it). Then we'll likely to quickly spot where the problem lies.

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma