Re: [xsl] A variable in the test attribute of <xsl:if> ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] A variable in the test attribute of <xsl:if> ?
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:08:58 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Kay wrote:

  Hi

> As specified in EXSLT, dyn:evaluate() can return a value of
> any type (including of course a boolean). But there may be
> restrictions in the MSXML implementation, I don't know.

  Maybe the OP can find something else and avoid the need for
dyn:evaluate().  Almost everytime I saw the "need" for such a feature,
there were other ways to do the job, with more restricted
possibilities.  Such as testing an element name and then testing its
value against a sequence of strings, or more elaborated things...

  But for that, the OP should tell us exactly what he wants and why.

  Regards,

--drkm