RE: [xsl] Re: XSL to ODF/OOXML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: XSL to ODF/OOXML
From: "W Charlton" <XSLList@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:57:36 +0100
Steve,

You said:

>I am performing two transforms. The result of the first transform becomes
>the XML of the second transform. However, I am getting this
>error (MSXML parser):

So I assume therefore you have 2 XSL files?

The simple answer would then be to carry out the first transform using
<xsl:output method="xml"/>
And then transform the resultant XML into HTML using:
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes" doctype-public="-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>

MSXML ignores the indent="yes" but it's probably good practice to include
it.

Also beware of the MSXML parser's habit of adding a utf-16 encoding which we
normally strip out server side, using asp or aspx. See a previous posting on
this subject.

right!

Referring to David Carlisle's "Then you want <link> (and <br> etc rather
than <link/> and <br/>"

We use <br /> and <link /> (note the space) which is a useful halfway house
markup for HTML

William Charlton
The yMonda team
yMonda Limited