RE: [xsl] Calling subdocuments with processing directives

Subject: RE: [xsl] Calling subdocuments with processing directives
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:26:13 +0100
> Thanks Michael, the XPath here is not immediately clear to me
> where does $docs come from?

Sorry, I was being too terse. You have a set of documents that you want to
aggregate for searching. I assumed that set of documents was bound to the
variable $docs.

Incidentally, David's formulation $docs/key(x,y) works equally well - so
long as you remember that the context for evaluating y is different in the
two expressions.

> For the sake of my greater understanding - is there some
> fundamental reason why this is the case? It seems counter
> intuitive but I am not fully immersed yet in the XSL culture.

Sorry - why *what* is the case?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/