RE: [xsl] How can I test the last preceding text character?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How can I test the last preceding text character?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 23:35:30 -0000
I'll leave someone else to answer the question about oXygen.

However, with this sort of mixed content it seems surprising that you want
to strip whitespace. Usually with mixed content whitespace text nodes are
significant.

You can of course skip whitespace text nodes in your query:

//e/preceding::node()[normalize-space()][1][ends-with(.,'x')]

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/