Re: [xsl] normalize-space processing all nodes hack?

Subject: Re: [xsl] normalize-space processing all nodes hack?
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:22:53 +0100
From what you are writing I understand you are using XSLT 1.0, because in XSLT 2.0 your expression would give an error.

The way to do this is simply:

select = "normalize-space(A)"

which will give you the text content of node A (and thus of all its children).

HTH,
Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma

Kolacm Toma9 wrote:
Hi!

I'd like to fill variable textOnly by normalized string of all text of the element A. I'm just wondering is there any way, I could write it as one XPath expression, like:

<xsl:variable name="textOnly" select="normalize-space(A//text())"/>

(but here only the first text node is used)?

Please note, I'm interested only in the "one XPath expression" way, I know how solve problem in different way*.

Thanks, Tomas

*like:

<xsl:variable name="textOnlyPre">
     <xsl:copy-of select="A//text()">
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:variable name="textOnly" select="normalize-space($textOnlyPre)"/>