RE: [xsl] Context document with exsl:node-set()?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Context document with exsl:node-set()?
From: "Scott Trenda" <Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 16:42:23 -0500
Believe me, I know the ins and outs of result-tree-fragments within
"pure" XSLT 1.0. My question was regarding how they behave when
converted with exsl:node-set(), which I do not know as much about, and
that was the context behind the statements in my reply.

> The result of exsl:node-set() has the same general structure as a
> document in that it has one root node, but that root node could have
> multiple element node children (unlike an XML document).

I was not asking about the structure of the exsl:node-set() result. I
was asking about its behavior with regards to document-sensitive XSLT
constructs, keys in particular. The behavior that I'm seeing so far
validates this.
<xsl:apply-templates select="exsl:node-set($rtf)"/>
is acting identically to this in my tests (with respect to keys and root
node references):
<xsl:apply-templates select="document(rtf.xml)"/>

where rtf.xml is an external document containing content identical to
that of $rtf at the time of the statement.

~ Scott