Re: [xsl] remove shape="rect" attribute from anchors within xsl:template

Subject: Re: [xsl] remove shape="rect" attribute from anchors within xsl:template
From: "B. Kamer" <post@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 20:05:02 +0100
On 3 nov 2007, at 00:08, David Carlisle wrote:

you don't want to copy the document, you want to change it, so don't do
this

hmm, ok

                <xsl:copy-of select="document($full-path)/html:html/
html:body/*" namespace="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"/>

acually that's a syntax error (didn't your processor complain?)
you meant

nope...

                <xsl:copy-of select="document($full-path)/html:html/
html:body/*"/>

but as I say you don't want a copy you want

<xsl:apply-templates select="document($full-path)/ html:html/
html:body/*"/>

together with the template yu posted t zap shape and an identity
template for the rest

ok, i see that identity template is a 'thing' in xls... I've read up on it and understand what it does...

<xsl:template match="@*|*">
<xsl:copy>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

copy everything exept....

it works! and i even understadn why, sort of...

Alternatively you can use a catalog (or perhaps a command line switch
for your parser) or modify your input documents, so that they do not
reference  the XHTMl DTD

not sure how this can be done...

(for it is this, not XSLT that is adding the attributes).

This i can understand, not an option...

David

David thanks...

Bas