Re: [xsl] anyone know why the default xsl in IE sometimes manages to

Subject: Re: [xsl] anyone know why the default xsl in IE sometimes manages to
From: Nick Fitzsimons <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 10:15:49 +0000
On 9 Nov 2007, at 09:06, bryan rasmussen wrote:

I was wondering why this is, the only explanation I can see would be
if some sort of streaming like api was being run for the
transformation, because after all part of the transformation gets run.
I was wondering if there was some api in MSXML to do this, perhaps a
hidden one that anyone was familiar with.

MSXML's IXSLProcessor object supports asynchronous transformations:
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms762799.aspx>
so presumably IE is using a compiled version of the stylesheet and processing it this way.

I'm not sure which version this was introduced in, but the examples on that page use MSXML 3. Perhaps somebody with a suitably old and unpatched version of Windows could determine whether the behaviour you describe was exhibited by older IE versions using the earlier versions of MSXML.

Regards,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons