[xsl] [XSL] Footnotes Display

Subject: [xsl] [XSL] Footnotes Display
From: Alice Wei <ajwei@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 09:43:46 -0500
Hi,

I am in the middle of producing something with footnotes of a particular section. The a tags are produced nicely, but I am having problems putting the heading around the page.

This is what I have in the XSLT:

   <xsl:template match="to_do">
       <xsl:apply-templates select="list"/>
       <xsl:call-template name="notes"/>
   </xsl:template>

     <xsl:template match="item">
           Some processing list the items
     </xsl:template>

<xsl:template name="notes">
           <xsl:choose>
               <xsl:when test="p/@xml:id='authnote'">
                   <h3>Notes</h3>
                   <xsl:apply-templates/>
               </xsl:when>
               <xsl:otherwise>
                   <xsl:apply-templates/>
               </xsl:otherwise>
           </xsl:choose>
   </xsl:template>

XML:

<to_do>
<item>See the Dentist</item>
<item>Return Library Book</item>
</to_do>

My plan is that the output for the footnte section in the notes template would be something like

<h3>Notes</h3>

However, my current output is that the <h3> tag is placed above the <xsl:apply-templates/> Can anyone please tell me what I have done wrong here?

Thanks a lot for your help. I am using XSLT 2.0.

Alice

Alice Wei
Indiana University Bloomington