Re: [xsl] Converting a string to Uppercase or Lowercase without using translate() ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting a string to Uppercase or Lowercase without using translate() ?
From: "bryan rasmussen" <rasmussen.bryan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 18:44:12 +0100
Well actually there have been times that I have seen a small benefit
to using entities for definition of XPaths that would be reused in
places where variables could not be used. As for entities as aliases
for NCRs I would prefer just to use the NCR and use a table to look it
up if I don't know it. I find this is helpful with maintainability. I
remember I had a system of transforms with quite a lot of entities and
when I had to hand it over to an understudy he said "is this what they
call a dtd"?

This caused a momentary reflection that most of these entities could
just as well have been parameters.

Cheers,
Bryan Rasmussen