Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet expansion
From: "Andrew Welch" <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:22:11 +0000
On 11/12/2007, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >  As a middle road perhaps we could borrow from java and create .xar
> > files (um.. "zarr"?) with manifests that indicate the primary
> > stylesheet?
>
> or couldn't you just use jar, saxon at least supports the (somewhat
> dubiously specified) jar: URI scheme so you should be able to dump all
> the various stylesheet modules into a single jar file for delivery and
> be able to use them without unpacking as
> <xsl:import href="jar:module1/stylesheet666.xsl"/>
> shouldn't you?

For the archives, this does seem to work although I could only get it
going with an absolute path:

"jar:file:///c:/path/to/dist.zip!/imported.xslt"

I guess the 1 in your example was meant to be an exclamation mark :)
plus an interesting stylesheet name there...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com