Re: [xsl] Trouble using xsl:key under XSL 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trouble using xsl:key under XSL 1.0
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:31:25 +0100
Gareth Howells wrote:
Interesting. It appears to work fine as it is for the first iteration.
which processor? You should report that as a bug, it is a syntax error
and you should get no output at all.

You know... that's a good question. The server we're using is Tomcat 5.5 on a Debian platform, but I'm not sure which XSL processor the goblins have opted for.

From the list guidelines, you can try this: http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/processor-version.html, it will tell you what version and type (or vendor) your processor is.

But I have not heard of any processor allowing xsl:key as something else than a root-element (the key is meant to be global and do a global hashing/keying of some kind as to speed up processing, which is not suitable in a dynamic context). Are you sure that what you posted is what your processor actually processes?

Cheers,
-- Abel Braaksma