Re: [xsl] Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Identity transformation for XSLT 2.0
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 10:54:30 +0100
On 12/17/07, Michael Kay wrote:
> Actually, Saxon only allows that because I haven't yet written the code to
> prevent it. Generally the rules and intent of the spec are designed to
> prevent a stylesheet reading something that it has written "earlier",
> because that makes the stylesheet dependent on order of execution.

Nice, but I guess you should then also remember to write the code
preventing unparsed-text() in SAXON from doing the same thing.

With XSLT 2.0 that amputated I am wondering why saxon:parse() and
saxon:serialize() didn't make it to the spec?

Cheers,

Jesper Tverskov
www.xmlplease.com/identity-template