RE: [xsl] XPath predicate in with-param's select

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath predicate in with-param's select
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 14:48:55 -0000
> I also tried SaxonB for Java, but I don't get the current
> version of my stylesheet (without the predicate) to run on my
> XML document. It fails with an OutOfMemoryError, also when
> upping the VM's maximum by -Xmx512000000.

I can't really follow the logic of what you are doing, but it's failed
creating temporary trees that don't need to be created. Using XSLT 2.0
constructs (sequences and functions rather than trees and templates) is a
lot more efficient for this kind of thing. This would also allow you to
declare the types of your parameters and results which would make the code
much easier to understand.

I'm confused as to why you're passing a $node parameter to the template
part_a when the parameter isn't used by that template...

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/