Re: [xsl] workaround for XSLT 1.0 result tree fragment usage?

Subject: Re: [xsl] workaround for XSLT 1.0 result tree fragment usage?
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:31:32 -0500
Don,

In addition to using an extension function to cast the result tree fragment into a node set, another solution is also sometimes possible, since while RTFs can't be interrogated as node-sets, they can be processed as strings.

So if you built your variable like this:

<active>true</active>
<active>true</active>
<active>false</active>

you could simply test "not(contains($confirm_active_program,'true'))" and that would work.

Of course this doesn't scale to more complex situations, but it's good enough for many simple ones.

Cheers,
Wendell