RE: [xsl] Test-Suite (XML docs + XSLT stylesheets) available for Saxon ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Test-Suite (XML docs + XSLT stylesheets) available for Saxon ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 00:17:24 -0000
> Is there somewhere a Test-Suite (XML docs + XSLT stylesheets)
> available for Saxon ?

There is, but it's not publicly available. Sorry!

The reasons are to do with IP issues:

(a) many tests are derived from user-submitted material (typically in bug
reports) and I've never obtained the necessary permissions to release this
(some of it is clearly unsuitable for public release)

(b) quite a number of tests are derived from material that was originally
made available by IBM/Lotus and/or Microsoft; this material is no longer
publicly available from those companies and I have been unable to discover
what the terms and conditions of use were at the time it was originally
published.

There is a W3C test suite for XSLT 2.0 which is available to W3C members,
but it is not available outside W3C again because of IP issues. This
includes quite a number of tests submitted by Saxonica and also a large
number submitted by other companies; at least one of those companies has
made the tests available to W3C on the condition they are not released
outside.

Happy Christmas,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/