RE: [xsl] Help to construct a loop

Subject: RE: [xsl] Help to construct a loop
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 23:56:31 -0000
In XSLT 2.0 it can be done like this:

<xsl:for-each select="tokenize($myString, ':')">

In XSLT 1.0 it's more difficult. Some processors have an extension function
(perhaps called str:tokenize()) that behaves similarly to the XSLT 2.0
solution. In the absence of such a function, you need to use a recursive
template that makes use of the contains(), substring-before(), and
substring-after() functions. You can find an example of such a recursive
template in the EXSLT library at www.exslt.org.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/