Re: [xsl] document() function and error-handling

Subject: Re: [xsl] document() function and error-handling
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:11:11 -0800
> I've played around with some different scenarios in the stylesheet, and the error occurs any time I try to access the variable that contains the result of the document() function, even if I only want to check if it's non-empty. Is there any more graceful way (for MSXML, in particular) to handle the case where the URI passed to document() doesn't exist?

Bad luck ...

This is what the XSLT 1.0 Recommendation says:

"If there is an error retrieving the resource, then the XSLT processor
may signal an error; if it does not signal an error, it must recover
by returning an empty node-set."

So, signalling an error is exactly per spec.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev