[xsl] Testing XSLT with xmlconf

Subject: [xsl] Testing XSLT with xmlconf
From: "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:23:59 +0100
Hi list
Am I right in saying that:

Using the XML Conformance Test Suites for testing an XSLT stylesheet
is only relevant for a very small subset of stylesheets. We are
probably in the less than 0.1% area.

- The stylesheet must be made to transform any XML input document.
- The stylesheet must create XML based on the input document to take
part in the transformation.
- This pre-processing made by the stylesheet must have some complexity.

One example is my stylesheet for a better XSLT 2.0 identity
transformation, http://www.xmlplease.com/identity-template.xsl,
discussed in, http://www.xmlplease.com/identity-template.

This stylesheet loads the XML input document as unparsed text, uses
Regular Expressions to make all sorts of replacements, converts the
unparsed-text back to XML and feeds it to the identity template.

Do we have other good examples of XSLT stylesheets that could benefit
from being tested with the XML Conformance Test Suites,
http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/?

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov