Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool

Subject: Re: [xsl] Announcement: Dexter - XSL Transform Generation Tool
From: "Michael Dykman" <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:06:27 -0500
> I'm a professional computer scientist and I had exactly the same
> experience as Brad. And I'm not sure your comments here help. I think
> what you mean to say is Brad can take his existing HTML pages and
> convert them to use XSL.
>
> At least that was my best guess after a quick look at it.
>
> With respect,
> Steven

That is my intention.  I apologize for the documentation.. I have had
a very hard time getting proof readers who were familiar with XSLT or
whaty the heck I was trying to do in the first place.

The idea is that any well-formed XML (there is little special support
for XHTML) can be compiled into an XSL stylesheet and bound to any
arbitrary data set.  The only example provided is docster.html which
can be viewed in a standard browser, and is also the 'source code'
for docster.html.xsl which formats the documentation.  The operators
are embedded as attributes in the source document.

I will put some effort into a brief, clearer description of the
overall goal here and get it out there shortly.

Thank you again for your comments.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx

 - All models are wrong.  Some models are useful.